Production Team Member
Duration: Seasonal to potential permanent full-time, dependent on company needs
Schedule requirements: 20-40 hrs/wk with a weekly target of 37.5 hrs
Pay: $12-$15 per hour
Location: Nickel & Suede – Liberty, MO
Six years ago we pioneered our first pair of teardrop leather earrings that has since become a recognized fashion staple all across America. Our unique and category changing designs have redefined the statement earring to be as comfortable as they are compliment-catching! Being the founder and leader of our industry, we've grown exponentially and have been on Inc. Magazine's list of the 500 fastest growing companies in America - two years in a row! We're ready to find that perfect fit with someone who can be a part of our operations team in producing and shipping high quality product all over the world. We are proud be Made in America and produce all our earrings at our Kansas City facility.
At Nickel and Suede, we believe that trying something new can change your life. We are all about inspiring women to be brave, bold, and empowered. One small act of courage leads to another and another. It allows you to "become the kind of person who...." does anything! We love that being brave inspires those around us to step out of their boxes too. Courage is contagious! Our mission is to help our customers and our employees become their best selves. At our core we value empowerment, optimism, style, and quality.
Who are we looking for?
Nickel & Suede is looking for someone who is hardworking, has a positive attitude, gives attention to detail, and works well with a team. This candidate needs to have a natural drive to move with urgency and contribute to our culture of continuous improvement and positivity.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following are the areas where the production team member will be contributing (but not limited) to:
- Quality Control
Every production team member will start training in the basic areas of assembly, picking, packing, and shipping and is subject to a 3-week trial period.
Production team members will be trained in cutting, branding, systems, quality, inventory management, and other areas as needed.
The team member will be expected to perform the following primary functions:
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment
- Assemble finished goods on the production assembly line(s)
- Operate cutting, foiling, and branding machinery
- Carry out basic quality inspection and product testing
- Pick products to fulfill orders
- Pack and ship orders
- Demonstrate adaptability and possess a positive attitude toward change and improvements within the organization.
- Work effectively with the team, as well as employees outside of the team. Must respect the needs and contributions of others and be willing to help where needed.
- Contribute to a positive company culture.
- Is a dependable self-starter who takes ownership in their job performance.
- Can perform in a fast-paced environment, while giving attention to detail and quality.
- Able to stand during entire shift, if required (for picking, packing, cutting, branding, and shipping).
- Have the capacity to learn new duties.
- Perform with a positive attitude and high energy.
- This position requires repetitive motions and may also require frequent lifting and an occasional need to operate light machinery.
- The schedule will require occasional weekend availability, depending on business needs or seasonality.
- Must arrive on time for all scheduled shifts.
- Previous warehouse experience or production line experience is a plus.
- Smoking is prohibited on the company premises.
- Everyday 50% discount on select N&S branded products
- Paid holidays and PTO accrual upon eligibility
To apply send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.