Position: Retail Store Manager
Reports to: Retail Area Manager
Terms: Full time
Location: Country Club Plaza, Kansas City, MO
Email your résumé to: email@example.com
About Nickel and Suede:
We are a fashion-lifestyle brand bringing confidence, empowerment, and bravery to both our employees and customers. Our mission is to influence our employees and customers to be their authentic selves and to live everyday brave. We believe that trying something new can change your life! We are a Kansas City based jewelry company that uses genuine leather to create a light-weight statement earring. Handcrafted from genuine and Italian leathers in our headquarters located in Liberty, MO.
We are looking for an energetic, effective, optimistic, and customer driven Store Manager to lead the store teams in building the Nickel and Suede culture, brand awareness, and overall functions in our store.
- Establish and oversee the retail operations to be smooth, financially successful, and to provide an experience that customers will want to come be a part of.
- Act as a brand ambassador in the store and community developing relationships and partnerships that build the brand.
- Demonstrate exceptional communication, problem-solving, and organizational skills.
- Have an entrepreneurial spirit and a “can-do” attitude.
- Maintain a strong presence on the sales floor building lasting relationships with customers.
- Coach and develop the team with individual sales goals and revenue of the store.
- Recruit, hire, and train new and existing employees.
- Create an effective and efficient schedule for the store team.
- Treat store team members equally with respect and kindness.
- Lead the team by setting an example of great customer service, building clientele, outreach and event planning, and overall operations of the store.
- Provide insight to the customer and team experience and communicate feedback to the Retail Area Manager.
- Take ownership in store operations such as visual standards, inventory, scheduling, and managing expenses to increase profitability.
- Ensure efficient and accurate product ordering by analyzing sales trends, on hand inventory, customer shopping patterns, and feedback from customers.
- Ensure the sales floor, office, and facility is kept clean and organized.
- Uphold and ensure store team upholds all Nickel and Suede policies and procedures.
- Must be over the age of 18
- Ability to lift and move at least 50 LBs
- Ability to bend, squat, twist, and reach
- Ability to stand and/or walk for at least 6 hours per shift
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 3+ years relevant leadership or store management experience
- Passion for providing excellent customer service
- Proven record of developing talent
- Ability to work flexible hours to meet the needs of the business including nights, weekends, and holidays
- Resilient leader able to thrive in a dynamic, constantly evolving environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The information in this job description is for compliance with the American with Disabilities Act (A.D.A.) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed for this position. Additional duties are performed by the individuals currently holding this position and additional duties may be assigned.
Nickel & Suede is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. In keeping with our commitment, Nickel & Suede will take the steps to assure that people with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations.