If you are a positive and upbeat person with a genuine love of fashion and a passion for empowering others, this may be the job for you!
About Nickel & Suede:
Founded in 2014 by entrepreneur and style blogger, Kilee Nickels, Nickel & Suede designs accessories that are effortless, inspire confidence and celebrate your personal style. Made of luxury leather and delicate metals, style meets innovation as each N&S piece is designed and crafted by hand in Kansas City. Founded on empowerment and optimism, at N&S we believe in making big dreams approachable and achievable. Over 80% of today’s leadership positions are held by women and we are committed to helping women and girls feel inspired and confident that they have what it takes to pursue their dreams.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for enthusiastic, fashion-forward brand ambassadors to bring the Nickel & Suede brand experience to life in our stores and communities.
Our Ideal Candidate will have:
- Retail experience
- Strong communication skills, ability to connect and communicate well with customers and co-workers
- Strong problem-solving skills, a positive attitude, and a willingness to take initiative
- Team player mentality actively looks for opportunities to support the team and takes personal responsibility for their own work, never expecting others to do their work for them
- The ability to think and act quickly while maintaining a polished composure under any circumstance
- Instinctual drive to go above and beyond for every customer and a genuine excitement to help in any way possible
- Genuine enthusiasm for fashion and helping others develop their personal style by keeping up with trends and styling pieces for the perfect look
- Flexibility: responds to changes and company needs with a positive attitude and a growth mindset. Displays strong desire to learn, grow, and embrace new ideas
- Must be 18 years of age or older and able to accommodate a changing schedule
- Support Store Manager and Retail Director in achieving goals by providing excellent customer service and cultivating an uplifting and positive work environment.
- Promote a sales culture by motivating and inspiring others to achieve individual and team goals.
- Serve as a role model for building relationships with customers.
- Maintain presence through store supervision to ensure that all customers are being helped.
- Act as a leader by living out the Nickel and Suede core values and setting an example.
- Supports Store Manager and Retail Director by engaging with the local community both in-store and outside of the store, driving traffic and forging relationships.
- Maintain a strong presence on the sales floor to build relationships with customers and increase revenue.
- Ensure merchandising standards are maintained and that the store is consistently clean, replenished and organized.
- Performs projects and assignments as directed by the Store Manager and Retail Director.
- Performs Opening and Closing procedures which includes but not limited to banking, reporting, sales day set up and closing notes.
- Some lifting, periods of standing and/or walking
The Good Stuff
- Up to 50% discount on select products
- Fun atmosphere
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The information in this job description is for compliance with the American with Disabilities Act (A.D.A.) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed for this position. Additional duties are performed by the individuals currently holding this position and additional duties may be assigned.
- Nickel & Suede is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. In keeping with our commitment, Nickel & Suede will take the steps to assure that people with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. Accordingly, if reasonable accommodation is required to fully participate in the job application or interview process, to perform the essential functions of the position, and/or to receive all other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact email@example.com.