Materials & Product Care
Nickel & Suede designs jewelry to be worn every day. To keep our jewelry looking its best, please review our guidance below.
Your Nickel & Suede jewelry should be the last thing you put on when getting dressed. To preserve the longevity of our jewelry, we recommend removing it when washing your hands, showering, swimming, exercising, cleaning, and before applying any kind of hair care product, fragrance, lotion, or essential oils. Always put your jewelry on with clean hands and remember to wear your earring backs to prevent loss.
Nickel & Suede leather accessories are made with premium Italian leather sourced from the same tanneries as luxury fashion brands. All leathers have different textures and variations that are natural to organic material. This makes every pair of Nickel & Suede earrings unique.
- Majority of our products have been treated with a protective sealant, however they can be damaged by moisture. The best method to clean our leather earrings is with a damp microfiber, lens, or soft cloth using water only – do not use cleaning agents. Please use extra caution with lighter color leathers as they can discolor if cleaned with excess water.
- We do not recommend using abrasive materials such as a terry cloth, bath towels, or -t-shirts to clean our earrings. These materials are considered too abrasive and may damage the leather.
- Please note, any oil including essential oils will discolor leathers and cannot be removed. We do not recommend cleaning your earrings with any oils.
- Let earrings dry completely before storage.
Earring Hooks, Studs, and Delicates Care:
Majority of our earring components are 14k gold, sterling silver, or rhodium plated brass metal. Some other materials may include resin or enamel. Our jewelry is nickel-free and lead-free.
- Sterling silver and gold-plated jewelry will naturally tarnish over time, and leather can accelerate the tarnishing process. If you notice any discoloration on our hooks, carefully wipe them with a jewelry polishing cloth. Please do not polish any leather with a polishing cloth as it may cause damage.
- If an ear hook loses its shape, gently reshape with your fingers.
- If an earring becomes bent or curled, it can be flattened with a warm iron on its lowest setting. First, cover the earring with a cloth or towel. Then, lightly iron and steam the earring to flatten it while avoiding the earring hooks. Do not iron the earring hooks as they can lose their shape.
- Please note, suede is more absorbent than traditional leather and can be easily damaged by liquids.
- Leather can be damaged from moisture and sunlight. Please hang earrings or lay them flat in a clean, dry place.
Gigi Pip Hats:
- Spot clean your wool fedora with a damp cloth.
- Brush lightly with a lint brush.
- To fix a dent or bend in your wool hat, use a steamer for 30 - 60 seconds to restore your hat to its original shape. Wipe any excess moisture off the hat with a clean cloth. Leave on a flat surface to completely dry before wearing.
- To prevent color fading, avoid long periods of sun exposure to your wool hat.
- Spot clean your straw hat.
- To fix a dent or bend in your wool hat, use a steamer for 30 - 60 seconds, then mold it with your hands to restore your hat to its original shape. Wipe any excess moisture off the hat with a clean cloth. Leave on a flat surface to completely dry before wearing.