Position: Sales Associate
Reports To: Store Manager
Type: Part-Time, Hourly
Location: Country Club Plaza Kansas City, MO
If you are a positive and upbeat person with a genuine love of fashion and a passion for empowering others, this may be the job for you!
About Nickel & Suede:
Founded in 2014 by entrepreneur and style blogger, Kilee Nickels, Nickel & Suede designs accessories that are effortless, inspire confidence and celebrate your personal style. Made of luxury leather and delicate metals, style meets innovation as each N&S piece is designed and crafted by hand in Kansas City. Founded on empowerment and optimism, at N&S we believe in making big dreams approachable and achievable. Over 80% of today’s leadership positions are held by women and we are committed to helping women and girls feel inspired and confident that they have what it takes to pursue their dreams.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for enthusiastic, fashion-forward brand ambassadors to bring the Nickel & Suede brand experience to life in our stores and communities.
- Welcome and engage with customers and act as stylist and personal shopper by learning who they are, sharing the latest fashion trends, and helping them create customized looks to fit their lifestyle and leave them feeling beautiful and confident
- Accurately represent our brand in store by putting together tasteful, on-brand outfits and modeling our products daily
- Consistently look for ways to go above and beyond to provide next level customer service in the store and at off-site events. We empower our employees to provide the highest level of customer service imaginable
- Act as a brand ambassador (advocate) for Nickel & Suede, sharing our story in the store and the community
- Assist in company events through participation in trunk shows, pop-ups, and other off-site events.
- Foster a family culture among fellow employees and customers by approaching every interaction with encouragement and positivity
Our Ideal Candidate will have:
- Retail and/or customer service experience (encouraged, but not required)
- Strong communication skills, ability to connect and communicate well with customers and co-workers
- Strong problem-solving skills, a positive attitude, and a willingness to take initiative
- Team player mentality actively looks for opportunities to support the team and takes personal responsibility for their own work, never expecting others to do their work for them
- The ability to think and act quickly while maintaining a polished composure under any circumstance
- Instinctual drive to go above and beyond for every customer and a genuine excitement to help in any way possible
- Genuine enthusiasm for fashion and helping others develop their personal style by keeping up with trends and styling pieces for the perfect look
- Flexibility: responds to changes and company needs with a positive attitude and a growth mindset. Displays strong desire to learn, grow, and embrace new ideas
- Must be 18 years of age or older and able to accommodate a changing schedule
We are currently looking for an associate to work an average of 15-20 hours a week in our retail store.
- Must be able to stand, bend and reach for the duration of your shift.
The Good Stuff:
- Everyday 50% discount on select products
- Fun atmosphere
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The information in this job description is for compliance with the American with Disabilities Act (A.D.A.) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed for this position. Additional duties are performed by the individuals currently holding this position and additional duties may be assigned.
Nickel & Suede is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. In keeping with our commitment, Nickel & Suede will take the steps to assure that people with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations.